Technovation Challenge Final Results
After a tense wait – we have found out that we have not reached the final. The girls did really well and received some very positive feedback.
We achieved the following scores – 32/48, 41/48 and 42/48
Great idea and enthusiasm. It’s obvious that you guys put a lot of time and energy into your product. Judge 1
I love the problem that you have tried solving here. I also love the research you have put into what motivates people to do social good. Thumbs-up for trying to make the pitch humorous too! Judge 2
This is really well thought through. I’m really impressed by your plan how to go forward! It’s also really great that you already contacted possible sponsors and partners. Judge 3
We are obviously disappointed but we have decided to be positive about the decision.
This was our first attempt at Technovation Challenge and we have learnt so much from the experience.
What has happened since last week:
- The girls have been invited to go to Manchester University to speak at an ‘Apps for Good‘ session to talk about their journey
- We have purchased the domain name http://www.techgirlsuk.co.uk and are working on setting up a website to promote our work
- We have been in discussion with Manchester University to look at the possibility of working with the girls on developing the app
- We have discussed next years competition entry
- The girls to become digital leaders within the school http://www.digitalleadernetwork.co.uk/?cat=138
- Each girl to mentor their own team for next years competition
- To purchase video conferencing equipment to allow easier access to virtual mentor sessions
- To purchase additional equipment to be used for app development to be decided
- Girls to help promote coding/CS within the school (ambassadors for STEM)
- Hackadays to be run within the school for both boys and girls – supported by the girls.
- Develop and market ReGenZ app by the end of 2013
Our support has been amazing and we managed to raise over £2200 in 10 days ……….. a massive TechGirlsUK thank you
Particular thanks go to Cisco, Sei Mani, OCR, The Student Room, Toshiba and Virgin Media to name just a few!
I will be adding more information about the companies who have supported us within the next few days ……. we are going to be contacting local press about our journey and the amazing generosity of our supporters. You are all amazing 🙂